This week on episode 227 of the We Like Drinking podcast we’ll be discussing the merger of Sam Adams and Dogfish Head, and we’re taking questions from the Tavern! So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- Cheers my podcast drinking friends, and welcome to happy hour 226 of the ONLY TWO-TIME Award Winning Topical Beer and Wine Education Podcast Focusing on FUN!
- If by now you’ve already realized that you are listening to podcast gold, be sure to get yourself subscribed to the show so you never miss an episode. Visit WeLikeDrinking.com/Subscribe to take your first step down the WLD path of awesome sauce.
Panel Introductions And What We’re Drinking
- Tonight we’re joined by our usual panel members, we have our wine blogger, Jeff Solomon, our commercial brewer, John Ruyak, and I’m your host, Jeff Eckles.
Wine, Beer, or Pop Culture Reference
Wines ‘Til Sold Out Ad
- Visit our sponsor, Wines ‘Til Sold Out
- Jeff – The merger of the year? – https://www.wgbh.org/news/local-news/2019/05/10/makers-of-sam-adams-and-dogfish-head-beer-announce-merger-deal
The Tavern Asks
- Chris W – “Only cook with what you would drink.” I typically follow that rule for marinade and sauces, but ignore when the wine is going to spend 3 hours in the oven making meat tasty. So, is that a stupid rule? Is it a smart idea? Or, when does it make sense and when not?
- Dmitry S – This ridiculous thing and others like it that think they can replace alcohol. And cannabis. Alcohol has been around for millennia. Can it ever be replaced?
That’s right it’s time to break out your phones and get that last minute hook up with us.
Search up the show on Apple Podcast and leave us a big fat 5 star review. And, if you enjoyed this episode in particular, share it with a friend.
And, visit We Like Drinking dot com slash pledge to find out more information about becoming a patron of the show and help