This week on episode 216 of the We Like Drinking podcast we’ll be discussing Whether or Not Food and Wine Pairing is Bullshit, we’re Marching toward the end of our Patreon Challenge, and we let you decide what we’re drinking tonight… so we’ll see how that GOSE! So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- If you like what you are hearing in this episode, consider helping us out by becoming a patron of the show. Visit WeLikeDrinking.com/pledge to get in on the action.
Panel Introductions And What Gose We’re Drinking
- Tonight we’re joined by our usual panel members, we have our wine blogger, Jeff Solomon, our commercial brewer, John Ruyak, and I’m your host, Jeff Eckles.
- We are kicking off March with a tasting episode, you may think it’s time for wine, but you would be wrong!!!
Wine, Beer, or Pop Culture Reference
- Eckles – Food and wine Pairings are BS! – https://thetakeout.com/food-wine-pairings-a-lot-of-bullshit-says-sommelier-1832759708
Patreon Challenge Final Update
Your chance to stop being a freeloader and lurker and be a hero to the WLD community!
- We needed 20 Patrons by the time we recorded our last episode of Feb, which is tonight for us, Feb 27. Currently at 21! The final tally for the month, and to determine if we’re doing an ask us anything episode in March, is 22 patrons!
- Welcome our NEW Patron, Chelsea B! Chelsea answered the call in the tavern on the final night and came through with a big $5 a month pledge. Chelsea has been a listener of ours for a while, a beer mule, a home brewer, and just an overall awesome human. So thank you to Chelsea and to everyone that signed up in February, and all our other patrons that have helped us out for so long. Love you all, peeps.
John’s Got A Story
- Don’t be that guy at a brewery
That’s right it’s time to break out your phones and get that last minute hook up with us. Follow us on the socials, Twitter, Instagram and our private group on Facebook known as the Tavern. Search up the show on Apple Podcast and leave us a big fat 5 star review And, visit We Like Drinking dot com slash pledge to find out more information about becoming a patron of the show and help You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at https://welikedrinking.com/podcast Or, if you’re on your phone right now, just swipe right. It’s that time, so now I’ll say, OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.