This week on episode 313 of the We Like Drinking podcast we’ll be taking YOUR questions, and we’re getting deep into some Tequila with Steffin Oghene from El Tequileño… so crack open that beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking!
- Cheers my podcast drinking friends, and welcome to happy hour 313 of your favorite Award Winning Topical Beer and Wine Education Podcast Focusing on FUN!
- Make sure you never miss another episode of our brand of drinking fun by visiting WeLikeDrinking.com/Subscribe
Panel Introductions And What We’re Drinking
- Tonight we’re joined by our usual panel members, we have our California Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador and recovering Wine Blogger, Jeff Solomon, our commercial brewer and snake wrangler, John Ruyak, and I’m your host and certified specialist of wine, Jeff Eckles.
- Our guest this week is the Vice President of Global Marketing and Business Development with El Tequileño, Mexico’s best kept secret. Started in 1959 this tequila brand has only recently become available to other markets outside of Mexico. Including the world’s first and only Reposado Rare. He is Steffin Oghene.
- You can find El Tequileño tequila on Instagram @El_Tequileno and on their website at https://www.tequileno.com/
Wine, Beer, Spirit, or Pop Culture Reference
- Ruyak – Coa
- We have a fun partnership to tell you about this week. Our good friend, and clown car driver, Lori over at Dracaena Wines has offered all our listeners a special deal. If you purchase any wine from them and use code WLD at checkout you will get 5% off your order. Additionally, Dracaena Wines will send WLD a matching 5%. So if you’ve ever thought about becoming a patron, but didn’t want to commit to a monthly payment, here is a great opportunity for you to score some delicious Paso Robles wines and still help us out. Dracaena offers their Cab Franc, both reserve and classic. They are sold out of the Syrah Rose right now, and will be adding a Chennin Blanc next year. So this is really a win, win, win for everyone if you pick yourself up some today. Visit https:welikedrinking.com/wine
Steffin Oghene El Tequileño Interview
Listener Question –
- Julie asks – Hello, I was wondering if you had any suggestions on a good brandy I can get my boyfriend for our anniversary. I’m trying to stick around a $75-$100 range. Thanks so much! Love the show
That’s right, it’s time to break out your phones and give us a hand.
Search up the show on Apple Podcast and leave us a big fat 5 star review. And, if you enjoyed this episode in particular, share it with a friend. We picked up another 5 star review this week.
And, visit We Like Drinking dot com slash pledge to find out more information about becoming a patron of the show and help
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/episodes