Thank you for joining us for the award winning We Like Drinking show episode 196. In this episode we’ll be discussing bourbon, California closing times, and we’re talking Four Roses bourbon with Al Young! So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- Cheers my podcast drinking friends, and welcome to happy hour 165! The ONLY TWO-TIME Award Winning Topical Beer and Wine Education Podcast Focusing on FUN!
- If you like what you are hearing in this episode, consider helping us out by becoming a patron of the show. Visit our Patreon page to get in on the action. Like our newest Patron, Alice!
Panel Introductions And What We’re Drinking
- Our guest tonight has served in a variety of roles at the Four Roses distillery for more than 50 years. Some of his many roles he has held include Distillery Manager, Brand Ambassador, and historian for the 129-year-old Kentucky Bourbon brand. In 2010 his book, “Four Roses: The Return of a Whiskey Legend” was published. He was inducted into the Whisky Magazine Hall of Fame in 2015, and is also a member of the Kentucky Distillers’ Association Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame. Please help us welcome, Al Young!
- John is drinking – Four Roses 80 proof Bourbon
- Solomon is drinking – Four Roses Single Barrel Bourbon
- Al Young is drinking – Four Roses Straight Bourbon
- Eckles is drinking – Four Roses Small Batch Bourbon
Grape, Hope, or Pop-Culture Reference
- Solomon – California Governor vetoes bill that would allow some cities to pilot a 4am closing time at bars… https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/No-4-a-m-last-call-for-SF-or-Oakland-Brown-13267049.php?t=fa316b1782
Ask the Panel
- Dimitry asks – Al, what do you think of all these new micro distilleries that two years into existence are charging $80 a bottle?
- The Prince Of Apathy asks – Wondering why @JRuyak never says hello to me on the two time award winning @WeLikeDrinking1 podcast?