In this episode we’ll be discussing mixing an Old Fashioned, Sazeracs, and Shrub District with Don Morton. So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- Cheers my podcast drinking friends and welcome to happy hour 172 of the We Like Drinking Show! The podcast that reminds people that drinking beer and wine is supposed to be fun, and that even through the laughs, you can still learn about your favorite beverages.
- Please take a moment to go rate and review our show on Apple Podcasts aka iTunes.
- Tonight we’re joined by our usual panel members, first we have our wine blogger, Jeff Solomon, our commercial brewer, John Ruyak, and finally, I’m your host, Jeff Eckles.
- Our guest tonight founded Shrub District, found online at https://www.shrubdistrict.com/, in 2016 to help YOU make better cocktails. After spending ten years working in public policy trying to make a better world, he found a faster way to make the world better… one drink at a time. Shrub District cocktail vinegars are available on shelves and bars from New Orleans to New York. Please welcome, Don Morton…
G, H, PCR
What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up.
- John – It’s National spring Bioblitz weekend. If your into or want to be into field herpetology or bird watching download Herp Mapper, eBird.com or iNaturalist and record your observations. It helps conservation efforts. And when you’re done crack open a good Craft pilsener (because you deserve it!) and tell us about it on The Tavern
- Don – May 5th – Cinco de Shrubo – One Eight Distilling – Launch of Mint Julip and Sazerac
- Solomon – GSM Rhone Society
- Eckles – Next week, it’s just us, so be prepared
Time to clean house and lock the doors, so you know the drill; follows, reviews, and Patreon
That’s a lot of information to absorb, hence it’s time for Wait, Who Subscribed
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at https://welikedrinking.com/podcast
It’s that time, so now I’ll say, OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
- Eckles – QOTW – What is your favorite mixed drink?
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.