This week on episode 241 of the We Like Drinking podcast we’ll be discussing Home Wine-Making Tips and get your tea and crumpets out, cause we’re drinking British Beer? So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- If by now you’ve already realized that you are listening to podcast gold, be sure to get yourself subscribed to the show so you never miss an episode. Visit WeLikeDrinking.com/Subscribe to take your first step down the WLD path of awesome sauce.
Panel Introductions And What We’re Drinking
- Monthly tasting episode featuring British beer
Wine, Beer, or Pop Culture Reference
British Beer Tasting
- Doley asks – Any tips on a home wine making kit? Nothing elaborate, but preferably using real grapes, not concentrate. Planning for my retirement.
- From Steven Sealock, winemaker at Pacific Rim Winery: Home winemaking is like sailing a small boat. Things can go wrong fast. Some small wineries will sell grapes to individuals. Reds are complicated from a color extraction perspective. Whites are arguably easier to make but harder to cold stabilize.
- From Zeta Cellars, a home winemaker, that makes wine using grapes, and some damn fine ones if I do have to say: High end wine kits can sometimes come with skins. Skins in a wine kit allows the wine maker to get more extraction than a regular kit offers. Making wine from actual grapes will require large investments and a big jump in the learning curve. It’s not for everyone and one can mess up a good product very easily. Have him look up the company RJS on the internet. They have a number of kits with skins. If he wants to get frustrated and discouraged early than yes give him advice to buy vitis vinifera grapes and go from there… haha, not for the faint of heart
That’s right, it’s time to break out your phones and get that last minute hook up with us.
Search up the show on Apple Podcast and leave us a big fat 5 star review. And, if you enjoyed this episode in particular, share it with a friend.
And, visit We Like Drinking dot com slash pledge to find out more information about becoming a patron of the show and help
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast Or, if you’re on your phone right now, just swipe right
It’s that time, so now I’ll say, OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast, where you’ll never drink alone.