This week on episode 208 of the We Like Drinking podcast we’ll be answering questions from our listeners, sneak in a little booze news for the new year, and we’ll be chastising a handful of our Patreons, ‘cause they’re forcing us to drink boxed wine! So crack open your beer, unBOX that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- If you like what you are hearing in this episode, consider helping us out by becoming a patron of the show. Visit WeLikeDrinking.com/pledge to get in on the action.
Panel Introductions And What Boxed Wine We’re Drinking
- Tonight we’re joined by our usual panel members, we have our wine blogger, Jeff Solomon, our commercial brewer, John Ruyak, and finally, I’m your host, Jeff Eckles.
- This week we are starting off the year with a tasting episode. We tried something new this month, and immediately realized what a mistake we’d made…..
Wine, Beer, or Pop Culture Reference
- Doley asks – Wife bought me a coravin (model 2) as a Christmas gift. I haven’t opened it yet. Do you fellows have any opinion as to if these things actually work? I’ve heard some stories expressing dissatisfaction over long term preservation of bottles. Some claim it’s good if you drain the bottle in a month or so but they’ve used the coravin on an expensive bottle and when they open the same bottle in a year or so the wine has gone to shit. Any input you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
- Solomon – Qatar sets 100% sales tax on alcohol in preparation for the 2020 World Cup https://www.foodandwine.com/news/qatar-alcohol-tax-100-percent-2019?utm_campaign=foodandwine_foodandwine&utm_medium=social&xid=soc_socialflow_facebook_fw&utm_term=3EC29F84-0ECD-11E9-A2DA-4101933C408C&utm_content=link&utm_source=facebook.com
Fantasy Football Final Minute
- We have a new patron to the show. We’d love to welcome Laura K to our little, yet growing Patreon family. Laura has joined up at the $1 level meaning that she gets to download the show at least a day earlier than everyone else. Plus, she now gets to spend some time with us one extra time a month for the after party. So once we’ve drunk enough during the show, things start to get real, really stupid sometimes, on the after party.
That’s right it’s time to break out your phones and get that last minute hook up with us.
Search up the show on Apple Podcast and leave us a big fat 5 star review
And, visit We Like Drinking dot com slash pledge to find out more information about becoming a patron of the show and help us from having to shut down.
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast Or, if you’re on your phone right now, just swipe right.
It’s that time, so now I’ll say, OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.