Today on episode 203 of the We Like Drinking podcast we’ll be discussing why they’re stockpiling wine in the UK, Red IPA Recommendations, and were talking Wine, Travel, and Eats with the one and only Amber Burke! So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- Cheers my podcast drinking friends, and welcome to happy hour 201 of the ONLY TWO-TIME Award Winning Topical Beer and Wine Education Podcast Focusing on FUN!
- If you like what you are hearing in this episode, consider helping us out by becoming a patron of the show. Visit WeLikeDrinking.com/pledge to get in on the action.
Amber Burke Introduction And What We’re Drinking
- Tonight we’re joined by our usual panel members, we have , Jeff Solomon, our commercial brewer, John Ruyak, and finally, I’m your host, Jeff Eckles.
- Our guest tonight is the power and energy behind the Wine Travel Eats .com blog. A blog devoted to, let’s call it the “good life”, specifically travel, fine booze, and great food in and around the Napa and Sonoma areas of California. Along with her husband, David, and some additional contributors (Hi Wen), wine travel eats is a great spot to find recipes and plan your next visit to the area. Please help us welcome Amber Burke
- John is drinking – Lizard Tail Belgian Strong Dark (9.7% ABV)
- Amber is drinking – Markham Merlot
- Solomon is drinking – NV La Croix Curate Blackberry Cucumber Sparkling Water and Nyquil
- Eckles is drinking – 2015 Joseph Carr Napa Cab
G, H, PCR
- Eckles – Wine stockpiling ahead of Brexit – https://www.decanter.com/wine-news/brexit-wine-stockpile-in-the-uk-ahead-404963/
Doley writes – Had a new (to me) wine recently. Austin Hope cab from Paso Robles. That stuff is really, really good. Try it if you can. Finally, a beer question for John: I had this beer on tap at a restaurant.
Really liked it. It’s from a small brewery a few hours away and is only available at the brewery and in a few restaurants. From looking at the description, can you recommend any more widely available beers that might be similar?
Fantasy Football Minute
Time to clean house and lock the doors, so you know the drill; follows, reviews, and Patreon
That’s a lot of information to absorb, hence it’s time for Wait, Who Subscribed
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast Or, if you’re on your phone right now, just swipe right.
It’s that time, so now I’ll say, OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.