We Like Drinking Episode 181 Show Notes
Thank you for joining us for the award winning We Like Drinking show episode 181. In this episode we’ll be discussing CO2 shortages affecting the world cup and we’re going to school to learn about a short history in drunkeness, So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- Cheers my podcast drinking friends, and welcome to happy hour 181! The ONLY Award Winning and Topical Beer and Wine Education Podcast Focusing on FUN!
- Take a moment to leave us a review on Apple Podcasts aka iTunes.
Panel Introductions And What We’re Drinking
- Tonight we’re joined by our usual panel members, first we have our wine blogger, Jeff Solomon, our commercial brewer, John Ruyak, and finally, I’m your host, Jeff Eckles.
- Our guest tonight is a blogger, journalist, TED talks alumni, and best selling author. His books, “The Etymologicon”, “The Horologican”, and “The Elements of Eloquence” display his unique insight and incredible research skills in dissecting and explaining the origins and usage of words throughout the English language. His latest book “A Short History Of Drunkeness” offers us exactly what the title says. Taking a peek into how alcohol has been used, and abused, at different points throughout our human history provides a cringeworthy and hilarious stagger back in time. Please help us welcome, Mark Forsyth.
G, H, PCR
- Eckles – More bad news for drinking this summer – https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/c02-shortage-beer-supplies-intl/index.html
Time to clean house and lock the doors, so you know the drill; follows, reviews, and Patreon
That’s a lot of information to absorb, hence it’s time for Wait, Who Subscribed
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
It’s that time, so now I’ll say, OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.