In this episode we’ll be discussing the Podcast Awards, and The Manual’s Spirit Awards with Sam Slaughter! So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- If you like what you are hearing in this episode, consider helping us out by becoming a patron of the show. Visit wld/pledge to get in on the action.
Panel Introductions And What We’re Drinking
- Our guest tonight is the Food & Drink Editor for The Manual, “The essential guide for men”. His work has been featured in Maxim, Bloomberg, The Bitter Southerner, and many other places, and his first cocktail book, Grown Up Drinks, will be published in Spring 2019 by Andrews McMeel. Please help us welcome Sam Slaughter! Sam can be found online @slaughterwrites.
- John is drinking –
- Solomon is drinking – Frisco American Brandy two ways
- Sam is drinking –
- Eckles is drinking – Johnnie Walker Gold
Grape, Hop, or Pop-Culture Reference
Sam Slaugther Interview Highlights
- John – Wow, NJ is no fun at all – https://6abc.com/food/new-jersey-officials-limiting-activities-at-microbreweries/4345600/
Podcast Awards Results
- See our acceptance speech here
Ask the Panel
- Matthew asks – Do you think it is against etiquette to submit a kit beer to a amateur home brew competition?