#WorldPorterDay Falls On February 17, 2017
Attention craft beer lovers, join your fellow enthusiasts for #WorldPorterDay on Friday February 17, 2017. World Porter Day is a fun and delicious way to celebrate your favorite glass of porter with other craft beer drinkers, brewers, bloggers, and pubs all over the world.
Why porter you ask?
- Because porter is a beer style that has had a rough life and it deserves it own day of celebration.
- Because it’s the older, and less renown, sibling to stouts.
- Because porter was originally a brew of the Guiness brewer until it become economically more viable due to tax laws to produce a stout.
- Because the porter style almost completely disappeared until its revival in the last 20 years or so.
- Because there are so many options to try when it comes to porter; the Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) lists baltic porter, english porter, american porter, and pre-prohibition porter as the recognized styles.
Combine that with the popular adjuncts like chocolate and vanilla and you can see there is a plethora of porter options you need to try. So that is why we ask, why not give the porter its due?
How To Get Involved in World Porter Day
Throughout the day and night on February 17th, take to social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #WorldPorterDay. Share your tasting notes, images, videos, or anything else you wish to help celebrate this historic craft beer. Search on Twitter and Instagram for #WorldPorterDay to find out how other porter drinkers around the world are celebrating.
3 people like this