We Like Drinking
Episode 110 Show Notes
Thank you for joining us for the We Like Drinking show episode 110. In this episode we’ll be discussing #WorldPorterDay 2017, Chateau Currier, and we’re going on another Brew Cruz. So crack open your porter and let’s get drinking.
- Cheers my podcast drinking friends and welcome to #WorldPorterDay!
- A finalist in the 2013 Wine Blog Awards, a certified California Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador, founder of the stay rad wine blog, Jeff “The King of All Wine Media” Solomon. Jeff is drinking High Water Brewing Aphotic Imperial Porter (9%, from San Jose, y’all!) and maybe Deschutes Black Butte Porter (5.2%, Bend, Oregon)… And I’m eating a B.L.A.T.B.
- She’s the CEO of the Santa Cruz Brew Cruz and our resident bus driver, Annie Wolff-Pautsch. Annie is drinking the famous Taddy Porter from Samuel Smith Old Brewery & Knee Deep Brewing’s Tanilla Porter
- He’s a member of the American Homebrewers Association and the head brewer at Angry Goats Brewery, John Ruyak. John is drinking Santa Fe Piñon Coffee Porter and Sierra Nevada Porter
- My name is Jeff Eckles, I’m a certified specialist of wine and your host for these festivities…and tonight I’m drinking Elevation Brewing Little Mo’ and Green Flash Cosmic Ristretto
Porter Tasting and Notes
- Color and Nose
What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up.
- Annie – I’m adding a VW bus to the fleet in March for all public tours. Will also be starting ‘Tiny bus concerts’ feat local bands, and ‘Brew Cruz Confessionals’
- Solomon – Just finished pruning at Comanche Street Vineyards, and racked my 2016 Sierra Sangiovese and 2016 Chateau Currier Estate Comanche Blend.
- Eckles – Next week, we’re going on our first podcast road trip listeners. So if you thought last week’s audio was a hot mess, just wait till next week! I’ll be going ON LOCATION to Pikes Peak brewery to hangout with Chris Wright, the founder and head brewer. Be on the lookout for a media blitz next week as we get in and check out the new digs as they go through a major brewery expansion.
Time to clean house and lock the doors
You know listeners, we have a lot of fun on this show.
- If you’ve listened this long you must be enjoying it as well. So you may ask yourself, how can I get more involved with We Like Drinking.
- Follow us on your favorite social media platform. Facebook or Instagram @ WeLikeDrinking, Twitter @WeLikeDrinking1, the number 1. While you’re looking us up you should find and follow Annie as well.
- Annie can be found online at – @scbrewcruz, Facebook or Instagram
- Leave a review and rating on iTunes.
- Become a Patron. You can find out more by visiting http://welikedrinking.com/pledge
And now it’s time for Wait, Who Subscribed
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.