A Whale Of A Good Time: WLD 072
Episode 72 Show Notes
Thank you for joining us for the We Like Drinking show WLD 072. In this episode we’ll be talking about whales and beer, no really, edible 6 packs, and a new contest! So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
A Whale of a Good Time: WLD 072
Welcome to the show drinkers and thank you for drinking along with us for episode 72. Man, have you guys recovered from episode 71 yet? Before we meet our panel tonight, I wanted to take a minute to raise a glass to everyone that’s listening right now. A toast.
WLD 072 Panel Introductions
- A finalist in the 2013 Wine Blog Awards, a certified California Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador, and the founder of the stay rad wine blog and is going to feel phantom cell phone vibrations for the next 10 days… Jeff is drinking…Bruery 2016 Tart of Darkness.
- He’s a member of the American Homebrewers Association and the head brewer at Angry Goats Brewery and the most level headed if the bunch . John is drinking
- My name is Jeff Eckles, I’m a certified specialist of wine and your host for these festivities and constantly thinking, “Why do I do this to myself?”. Tonight I am drinking from the Vinebox
Where we discuss interesting, noteworthy, or idiotic stories. (10 minutes)
- Solomon – Hey… Did you know that the Judgement of Paris was 40 years ago this week? Do you give a shit? http://www.sfchronicle.com/wine/article/Why-the-Judgment-of-Paris-really-matters-and-why-7722386.php?t=d1349b91848cb1714c&cmpid
- Eckles – What’s with the connection between whales and beer? http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/05/24/whale-vomit-beer-could-be-next-big-thing/
- Eckles – Don’t worry about getting chips with this 6 pack – http://growlermag.com/mill-florida-brewery-creates-edible-six-pack-rings-to-protect-marine-wildlife/
What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up. (10 minutes)
- Solomon – Listen to the latest Wine For Normal People. Elizabeth Schneider talks about drinking while pregnant. While I totally disagree with her take on the research, I appreciate her willingness to share her story, and I found myself being a lot more empathetic to women and the decisions that they make.
- John -Putting together a COPA submission for Brazil 2016
- Eckles – Vinebox Giveaway
Time to clean house and lock the doors (10 minutes)
- Solomon – We have a lot of fun on this show, but we keep ourselves busy outside of the show as well. Don’t miss any of our information or updates by liking our Facebook page and following us on Twitter and Instagram.
- Eckles – Look, we know you’ve got an opinion on the show. Most likely you’ve said, or maybe yelled something at us while you listened to this show alone. We really need your help with the iTunes review. We’d love a written review and a rating, but if you don’t have time for that a rating alone would be a huge help.
- Ruyak – And then there are our financial supporters. The folks that keep the lights on and help keep the show going, our Patrons. It’s really simple, if you receive any kind of value from our show and want to help us out in kind visit WeLikeDrinking.com/pledge. There are several pledge levels you can get in on, starting at $1 an episode.
- Eckles – Now to encourage you to take at least one of these actions it’s time for another round of…. Wait, who subscribed? Where I take a quote from someone fictional or non-fictional, and twist it around to relate to our podcast somehow.
Our panel of characters likes social media. In case our listeners want to find their favorite panel members online where can the find you guys…
- Solomon – Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @JeffisRad. I’m on Untappd as KingOfAllWineMedia. Watch my Stay Rad Wine Blog TV videos on YouTube and StayRadWineBlog.com
- John – Follow me as Brewhack on Untappd, ABQWINENEWB on Vivino and check out the Angry Goats Brewery CR on Facebook
- Eckles – You can find me on Twitter, Vivino and Untappd, all at jeffeckles
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.