Staci Blair Has Got It Going On: WLD #117
We Like Drinking
Episode 117 Show Notes
Thank you for joining us for the We Like Drinking show episode 117. In this episode we’ll be discussing sour beers, condom wine, and we’re drinking wine with Staci Blair. So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- Cheers my podcast drinking friends and welcome to happy hour 117!
- A finalist in the 2013 Wine Blog Awards, a certified California Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador, and the founder of the stay rad wine blog… Jeff “The King of All Wine Media” Solomon …. Jeff is drinking a mystery beer and maybe a Sudwerk Brewing Co. Farmers Market Citrus Gose Lager
- He’s a member of the American Homebrewers Association and the head brewer at Angry Goats Brewery, John “The Ruminator” Ruyak. John is drinking Pura Vida Porter
- My name is Jeff Eckles, I’m a certified specialist of wine, definitely not a minstrel, and your host for these festivities…and tonight I’m drinking
- Our guest tonight is Staci Blair, a Fine Wine Specialist with Veraison Beverage Distributors, specializing in representing small, family owned vineyards that produce limited amounts of exceptional wine. With so many years experience selling wine, Staci does not want to tell us how long it’s been, because it might give away her age. A proud mother to her son, who is flying the nest for college soon, Staci is a world traveler, and visited many of the wineries she represents from Spain, France, and Italy to Argentina and locales closer to home.
Where we discuss interesting, noteworthy, or idiotic stories.
- Solomon – Cuban condom wine – http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/cuban-condoms-tropical-fruit-make-brand-wine-46536009
- Doley asks – Any advice on sour beers? Bought a few singles but don’t know much about the whole genre. Lambics, kriek, framboise, Flemish ales. Arghhh, so many beers. Any information you can steer me too would be greatly appreciated.
What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up.
- John – looking forward to finally get our grain order from February 2016
- Staci- Rose, it is not a season anymore, it is now a category.
- Solomon – Brooks developed a Beer Mile Running Shoe “Run Hoppy”
- Eckles – One of the rewards for being a $10 monthly Patreon of the show is the ability to become the bartender for one of our panel members. Our first dive into this is going to happen next week. So tune in to see who has to drink what…. Will it be WLD: The Fear Factor edition? Or will it be WLD: Valhalla?
Time to clean house and lock the doors
You know listeners, we have a lot of fun on this show.
- If you’ve listened this long you must be enjoying it as well. So you may ask yourself, how can I get more involved with We Like Drinking.
- Follow us on your favorite social media platform. Facebook or Instagram @ WeLikeDrinking, Twitter @WeLikeDrinking1, the number 1.
- Leave a review and rating on iTunes.
- Become a Patron. You can find out more by visiting http://welikedrinking.com/pledge
And now it’s time for Wait, Who Subscribed
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.