St. Patrick’s Eve: WLD 061
We Like Drinking Show
Episode 61 Show Notes
Thank you for joining us for the We Like Drinking show episode WLD 061. In this episode we’ll be discussing; the most interesting retired man in the world, where to party like you’re st patrick, and, for us, it’s st patrick’s day?! So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- Happy St. Patrick’s day my thirsty friends. We’re going full Irish for this week’s episode to get you primed for March 17th. So let’s kiss the Blarney stone, drink some Guinness, and dress head to toe in green while we get the show going. Speaking of the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, the We Like Drinking show could use your help. We want to trade value for value with you, so if you get enjoyment from our show we’d love it if you’d throw us a couple of dollars a month for it. It’ll help us with upgrades to keep making the show better and we’ve got some great rewards for everyone that becomes a patron. Visit welikedrinking.com/pledge to learn more. Now, let’s find out who we’re drinking with tonight with panel introductions.
Panel Introductions (15 minutes)
- A finalist in the 2013 Wine Blog Awards, a certified California Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador, and the founder of the stay rad wine blog… Some people cause happiness wherever they go. He causes happiness WHENEVER he goes. Jeff “The King of All Wine Media” Jeff is drinking Guinness Draught..
- He’s a member of the American Homebrewers Association and a professional brewer with Angry Goats Brewery Costa Rica…He doesn’t have any enemies, but he is intensely disliked by his friends… John Ruyak. John is drinking Birra Moretti
- My name is Jeff Eckles, I’m a certified specialist of wine, and your host for these festivities… You know… In over a year’s worth of episodes, nobody has ever questioned by intelligence… in fact… No one’s ever even mentioned it. Tonight I’m drinking Guinness Draught
Booze News – Where we discuss interesting, noteworthy, or idiotic stories. (15 minutes)
- Jeff E – Best cities to celebrate St Patricks Day – https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-cities-for-st-patricks-day-celebrations/19603/#main-findings
- Jeff S. – Dos Equis is Retiring the Most Interesting Man in the World…http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/dos-equis-is-retiring-its-most-interesting-man-in-the-world/ar-AAgyTq1?li=BBnbfcL
Ask The Panel – Where you get to ask us a question about wine or beer. If you have a question you want answered just email us at [email protected]. If we read your question on the air you’ll get some cool WLD SWAG. (10 Minutes)
- Donald J. Trump asks, “What are some of your favorite St Patrick’s day activities?” AND of you three, who does the best Irish Impression?
What’s up? What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up. (10 minutes)
- John R- K97 tryouts
- Jeff S –
- Jeff E – We’re working on a new video series for the website. I had a lot of fun spending the afternoon at the gun range followed by the wine bar. An interesting combination indeed, but I think it will be interesting and fun. Stay tuned to We Like Drinking for the video in the next few weeks.
- Next Week, I’m excited to be bringing in one of the players in the online wine world to the show. The creator of Underground Cellars, Jeff Shaw will be joining us. Tune in next week to learn how this truly unique wine program clicks.
Last call – Time to clean house and lock the doors (10 minutes)
- John – We have a lot of fun on this show, but we keep ourselves busy outside of the show as well. Don’t miss any of our information or updates by liking our Facebook page and following us on Twitter and Instagram.
- Jeff S – Look, we know you’ve got an opinion on the show. Most likely you’ve said, or maybe yelled something at us while you listened to this show alone. We really need your help with the iTunes review. We’d love a written review and a rating, but if you don’t have time for that a rating alone would be a huge help.
- Jim or Jeff E – And then there are our financial supporters. The folks that keep the lights on and help keep the show going, our Patrons. It’s really simple, if you receive any kind of value from our show and want to help us out in kind visit WLD.com/pledge. There are several pledge levels you can get in on, starting at $1 an episode.
- Jeff E – Now to encourage you to take at least one of these actions it’s time for another round of…. Wait, who subscribed? Where I take a quote from someone fictional or non-fictional, and twist it around to relate to our podcast somehow.
Our panel of characters likes social media. In case our listeners want to find their favorite panel members online where can the find you guys…
- Jeff S – Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @JeffisRad. I’m on Untappd as KingOfAllWineMedia. Watch my Stay Rad Wine Blog TV videos on YouTube and StayRadWineBlog.com
- Jim – untapped
- John R – Untappd as Brewhack and Vivino as ABQwinenewb. Check out Angry Goats Brewery CR on Facebook, and ya know,l the AGB episode is still the most downloaded episode in WLD history!
- Jeff E – You can find me on Twitter, Vivino and Untappd, all at jeffeckles
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
- John R
- Jeff S
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.