St. Patrick’s Day with Jim Myers: WLD 114
We Like Drinking
Episode 114 Show Notes
Thank you for joining us for the St. Patrick’s Day episode of We Like Drinking show episode 114. In this episode we’ll be discussing #DontBeAKnucklehead, how Irish is your Irish stout, and we caught Jim for the episode so who gets the pot of gold? So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- Cheers my podcast drinking friends and welcome to happy hour 114!
St. Patrick’s Day
- A finalist in the 2013 Wine Blog Awards, a certified California Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador, founder of the stay rad wine blog, Jeff “The King of All Wine Media” Solomon. Jeff is drinking Guinness Draught
- He’s a member of the American Homebrewers Association and the head brewer at Angry Goats Brewery, John “The Ruminator” Ruyak. John is drinking ( Based on his propensity for long, drawn out (but certainly well thought out) stories (particularly those involving bovines))
- My name is Jeff Eckles, I’m a certified specialist of wine and your host for these festivities…and tonight I’m drinking Guinness
- He’s a member of the American Homebrewers Association, co-founder of Angry Goats Brewery and Cicerone Certified Beer Server, please welcome back, Jim Myers. Just don’t call him Paddy or tell him St. Patrick was Italian, or he’ll dot your eye. Jim is drinking a lager..
Where we discuss interesting, noteworthy, or idiotic stories.
- Jim – Is your Irish stout really Irish?
- Eckles – Left hand brewing has been going all hashtaggy with #AmericasStout to promote their flagship Milk Stout Nitro. #Discuss
- Millions of Americans are suffering from PodcastKnowItNotis
- Could be a family member, a co-worker, a friend, or some guy on the subway sharing a bottle of wine with you
- But there is hope, for as little as absolutely nothing, you can help solve this epidemic
- #TRYpod is happening throughout March: those of us who are awesome, and listen to podcasts, spread the love.
- Introduce a non-podcast listener to some of your favorite podcasts using #TRYpod
- Show them how to download and play a podcast if you can.
- Again the hashtag is #T.R.Y.pod
- What are a couple of your fav podcasts panel?
- Doley writes – I recently listened to episode 15. John talked about a beer and doughnut fest in Pittsburgh. While encouraging listeners from that area to attend, he mentioned my old stomping grounds, Wheeling. Here’s the question: How does anyone outside of that part of the country know that Wheeling, WV exists? It’s not exactly a booming metropolis. Is he some sort of geography savant?
What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up.
- John – I am working on a software program that only typed out nice stuff about regardless of what you yahoos put in.
- Jim – The Pueblo Steel City Brewfest is scheduled for May 20 as part of the city’s boats, brews and BBQ festival. http://puebloriverwalk.org/steel-city-brewfest/
- Solomon – Went to the 2016 Ridge Monte Bello component tasting. Also, budbreak at Comanche Street Vineyard
- Eckles – Jim and Jeff attended the WineFest’s “How to taste like a Master Sommelier” an interactive presentation from Greg Harrington, Master Sommelier and head winemaker for Gramercy Cellars in Walla Walla, WA.
Time to clean house and lock the doors
You know listeners, we have a lot of fun on this show.
- If you’ve listened this long you must be enjoying it as well. So you may ask yourself, how can I get more involved with We Like Drinking.
- Follow us on your favorite social media platform. Facebook or Instagram @ WeLikeDrinking, Twitter @WeLikeDrinking1, the number 1.
- Leave a review and rating on iTunes.
- Become a Patron. You can find out more by visiting http://welikedrinking.com/pledge
And now it’s time for Wait, Who Subscribed
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
- Jim Don’t be a knucklehead. Also, check out my recipe for great boxty and stout pairing on WLD: http://welikedrinking.com/beer/st-patricks-day-pairing/ it ain’t Solomon-level guac, but you’ll like it. I think we need a Son of the Goat beer when John’s son joins our hockey team.
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.