The Return of Greg Morthole: WLD #161
We Like Drinking
Episode 161 Show Notes
Thank you for joining us for the We Like Drinking show episode 161. In this episode we’ll be discussing #WorldPorterDay, sustainability, and Hexel Methyl Chicken Wire with Greg Morthole. So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- Cheers my podcast drinking friends and welcome to happy hour 161!
- Before we get started we’d love it if you’d take a moment to go rate and review our show on Apple Podcasts aka iTunes.
The Return Of Greg Morthole
- Tonight we’re joined by our usual panel members, first we have our wine blogger, Jeff Solomon, our commercial brewer, John Ruyak, is on sabbatical tonight, and finally, I’m your host, Jeff Eckles.
- Our guest tonight is a winemaker with Davis Bynum wines, a member of the Rodney Strong family. If that names sounds familiar, he was a guest on episode 151 where we learned about his history coming up through the world of wine geekery to where he is today, and he’s back for more tonight, so please help us welcome back, Greg Morthole.
G, H, PCR
- Super Pride – The offspring of the Pride of Ringwood hops. This hop is known for it’s bittering ability with an alpha acid content of 13.5 – 15%
Ask The Panel
Doley asks: A question for Jeff S, I just listened to old episode 125 from last June. You were just coming off of a Vegas bender and mentioned a restaurant there where you got a pork chop that was like a “two inch thick slab of bacon.” Do you remember what restaurant that was? Sounds like something I’d like to try next Vegas trip. Thanks.
What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up.
- Solomon – Bottling some Russian Imperial Stout this weekend.
- Eckles – Get a good workout in before the show, next week we celebrate #WorldPorterDay.
Time to clean house and lock the doors, so you know the drill; follows, reviews, and Patreon
That’s a lot of information to absorb, hence it’s time for Wait, Who Subscribed
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
It’s that time, so now I’ll say, OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
- Greg Morthole
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.