Red Robin: WLD 047
We Like Drinking Show
Episode 47 Show Notes
Thank you for joining us for WLD 047. In this episode we’ll be discussing Christmas drinking, big brother, and Jesus Juice. So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- Welcome drinkers
- Thanks for interacting with us.
- Thanks to all our patrons
- If you like the show, tell a friend
Panel Introductions (30 minutes)
- A finalist in the 2013 Wine Blog Awards, a certified California Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador, and the founder of the stay rad wine blog whose sweat smells like turkey and stuffing flavored potato chips… Jeff “The King of All Wine Media” Solomon. Jeff is drinking The Hairy Eyeball Ale from Lagunitas.
- He’s a member of the American Homebrewers Association and a professional brewer with Angry Goats Brewery Costa Rica who wanted to be a plumber until he found out it had nothing to do with plum pudding… John Ruyak. John is drinking Angry Goats India Dark Ale
- My name is Jeff Eckles, I’m a certified specialist of wine and I’ll be your host for these shenanigans, and I just got back from Italy. So I’d like to thank Jeff Solomon’s dad for letting us crash at his pad …and tonight I’m drinking Shacksbury Lost and Found cider
Booze News – Where we discuss interesting, note-worthy, or idiotic stories. (15 minutes)
- Jeff S – Govment! – http://nypost.com/2015/11/29/restaurant-chains-will-soon-have-to-post-calorie-counts-for-beer/
- Jeff E – Soon, we can all drink Jesus Juice – http://www.medicaldaily.com/birth-jesus-wine-new-wine-making-process-uses-dna-ancient-seeds-recreate-same-wine-363318
Ask The Panel – Where you get to ask us a question about wine or beer. If you have a question you want answered just email us at [email protected] If we read your question on the air you’ll get some cool WLD SWAG. (10 Minutes)
- John from Costa Rica asks – What are some of your holiday drinking traditions?
What’s up? What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up. (10 minutes)
- John R- RIP time!
- Jeff E – Announce the winner of our Brewin’ USA game giveaway. – Jeremy and his winning entry was – Marauder IPA
- Update on November results for Beer Lamp donation to the Fisher House.
- Announce our next Beer Lamp growler giveaway.
Last call – Time to clean house and lock the doors (10 minutes)
Our show is funded in part by our listeners, like Sloan and Shawn! AND NOW, another Jeff has contributed to the show. Donating 1.01 bringing our total up to $17/episode. ahhhhh a nice round number feels so much better! But wait! there’s more
If you’d like to see what it is that these awesome people are doing that helps us out so much check out welikedrinking.com/pledge to learn more and join in.
Whether you become a donor or not make sure you go like up our Facebook page and follow us Instagram where we are WeLikeDrinking. You can find us on Twitter by searching for WeLikeDrinking or get to us directly via our handle which is, John? @WeLikeDrinking1 And of course, be sure to subscribe to our podcast via iTunes, stitcher, or whatever podcast catcher app you use. Now, to encourage you to subscribe, it’s time for another round of…… Wait, who subscribed? where I take a quote from someone fictional or nonfictional and twist it around to relate to our podcast somehow.
We’re also looking for feedback from our listeners, especially iTunes feedback in the form of likes and reviews. We moved up a couple this week, let’s talk about Douglas from Chicago.
Jeff S – Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @JeffisRad. Watch my Stay Rad Wine Blog TV videos on YouTube and StayRadWineBlog.com
John R – Untappd as Brewhack and Vivino as ABQwinenewb. Check out Angry Goats Brewery CR on Facebook
Jeff E – You can find me on Vivino and Untappd, both at jeffeckles
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.