Pikes Peak Brewing With Chris Wright: WLD 111
We Like Drinking
Episode 111 Show Notes
Thank you for joining us for the We Like Drinking show episode 111. In this episode we’ll be discussing Walmart “Craft Beer”, Listener mail, and we’re LIVE..ish at one of my favorite breweries, Pikes Peak Brewing with founder Chris Wright. So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- Cheers my podcast drinking friends and welcome to happy hour 111!
Pikes Peak Brewing
- A finalist in the 2013 Wine Blog Awards, a certified California Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador, founder of the stay rad wine blog, Jeff “The King of All Wine Media” Solomon. Jeff is drinking an entire growler of The Deuce Imperial IPA from El Toro Brewing in Morgan Hill.
- He’s a member of the American Homebrewers Association and the head brewer at Angry Goats Brewery, John Ruyak. John is drinking Rodenbach Alexander
- My name is Jeff Eckles, I’m a certified specialist of wine and your host for these festivities…and tonight I’m drinking
- Our guest tonight is the….Founder and Head Brewer of Pikes Peak Brewing, Chris Wright
G, H, PCR
Booze News (1 story)
Where we discuss interesting, noteworthy, or idiotic stories.
- John – Walmart, you’re so ‘Crafty’… https://www.google.com/amp/uproxx.com/life/walmart-fake-craft-brewery/amp/
What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up.
- John – Waiting to hear back on whether our preferred location is legal for a brewery
- Chris – St Patricks Day, get your application in for the Pikes Peak Brewery Craft Beer Society
- Solomon – We only had to watch one kid today, and forgot how easy it was… So Kara and I went on an epic beer and wine adventure with our boy, Bennett.
- Eckles – Maybe we’ll have a new logo next week, assuming our new graphic artist doesn’t literally drop off the face of the earth like our last one did.
- Join us next week when we’ll be joined by Shannon Westfall from the relatively new wine club, Vinfluence. They are doing some amazing stuff with boutique wineries and charities that I think you’ll find pretty awesome.
Nelly from CA asks – FACT OR MYTH: Hops were once taken by Christian monks to suppress their sex drive.
Phildogg22 from Reddit asks – When will the expansion be completed?
Time to clean house and lock the doors
You know listeners, we have a lot of fun on this show.
- If you’ve listened this long you must be enjoying it as well. So you may ask yourself, how can I get more involved with We Like Drinking.
- Follow us on your favorite social media platform. Facebook or Instagram @ WeLikeDrinking, Twitter @WeLikeDrinking1, the number 1. While you’re looking us up you should find and follow Pikes Peak Brewery as well.
- PPW can be found online at
- Leave a review and rating on iTunes.
- Become a Patron. You can find out more by visiting http://welikedrinking.com/pledge
And now it’s time for Wait, Who Subscribed
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.