Fur Of The Monkey: WLD 104
We Like Drinking
Episode 104 Show Notes
Thank you for joining us for the We Like Drinking show episode 104. In this episode we’ll be discussing pretty little wine labels, #AskJohnWLD, and we’re going on a trip to avery brewing. So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- Cheers my podcast drinking friends and welcome to happy hour 104!
Fur of the Monkey
- A finalist in the 2013 Wine Blog Awards, a certified California Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador, founder of the stay rad wine blog, Jeff “The King of All Wine Media” Solomon. Jeff is drinking Sierra Nevada Trip in the Woods Barrel Aged Ginger Bigfoot (Whiskey Barrels, 11/4%, like 15 bucks or something)
- He’s a member of the American Homebrewers Association and the head brewer at Angry Goats Brewery, John Ruyak. John is drinking Founders Imperial Stout
- Matthew – Southern Colorado Avery Brewing Company Sales Rep. Loves beer and life. Matt is drinking Raspberry Sour from Avery Brewing Company
- My name is Jeff Eckles, I’m a certified specialist of wine and your host for these festivities…and tonight I’m drinking Bright Fortune, a Cab Franc out of Santa Barbara
G, H, PCR
Tupolev – Captain Viktor Tupolev is the primary antagonist in The Hunt for Red October.
Where we discuss interesting, noteworthy, or idiotic stories.
- Eckles – The importance of labels is real – https://qz.com/871626/a-new-generation-of-wine-drinkers-wants-prettier-bottle-labels/
What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up.
- John – Checking a possible part time gig at brewery here in ABQ for my down time
- Eckles – Hey homebrewers! We got this guy Not Sure, I mean John Ruyak. He’s probably been brewing longer than most of you have been drinking. So let’s tap that John keg. Send us your questions and John will answer. Use #AskJohnWLD on Twitter or Instagram, or on the WLD FB Page and we’ll get John to answer it on the show.
- You know, we have a lot of fun on the show… but we need to start hearing from you, dear listener a little more often. So it’s time to give out some secret agent assignments. We’ll give you a drink each week, and your mission is to
Time to clean house and lock the doors
Our panel of characters likes social media. In case our listeners want to find their favorite panel members online where can the find you guys…
- Matthew – Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @AveryCoSprings
- Solomon – Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @JeffisRad. I’m on Untappd as KingOfAllWineMedia. Watch my Stay Rad Wine Blog TV videos on YouTube and StayRadWineBlog.com
- John – Follow me as Brewhack on Untappd, ABQWINENEWB on Vivino and check out the Angry Goats Brewery CR on Facebook
- Eckles – Don’t forget to follow the adventures of We Like Drinking on the socials. FB and Insta at WeLikeDrinking and on twitter @WeLikeDrinking1, the number one. Oh…and I’m now on HouseParty….so, I have no idea what I’m doing there, but I’m there so, let’s you know…..hangout or something
And now it’s time for Wait, Who Subscribed
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.