Light Your Beer Lamp: WLD Podcast 042
We Like Drinking Show
Episode 42 Show Notes
Thank you for joining us for the We Like Drinking show episode 42. In this episode we’ll be discussing Push button brewing, Boozy Comets, and it’s time to turn on our beer lamp. So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- Welcome drinkers
- Thanks for interacting with us.
- Thanks to all our patrons
- If you like the show, tell a friend
Panel Introductions (30 minutes)
- A finalist in the 2013 Wine Blog Awards, a certified California Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador, and the founder of the stay rad wine blog who just finished watching the Republican debate… so he could use a drink. Jeff “The King of All Wine Media” Solomon. Jeff is drinking a classic martini of St. George Distillery Gin with Gilroy garlic-stuffed olives.
- He’s a member of the American Homebrewers Association and a professional brewer with Angry Goats Brewery Costa Rica. He didn’t have to change his shirt for this episode, folks… John Ruyak. John is drinking El Cabra Enojada Stout
- I’m the other Jeff on the show, a certified specialist of wine who has his his own definition for “Craft”… It’s any beer that comes with an individually wrapped slice of cheese…and tonight I’m drinking
- He’s a navy pilot and creative thinker who’s combined the love of drinking, traveling and hanging with friends into the mobile app BeerLamp …Please welcome Brian Carruth. Brian is drinking
Booze News – Where we discuss interesting, note-worthy, or idiotic stories. (15 minutes)
- Jeff E – Brew your own beer with the push of a button. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1708005089/pico-craft-beer-at-home?ref=nav_search
- Jeff S. – “Happy Hour” Comet spewing a trail of Alcohol and Sugar http://news.yahoo.com/comet-lovejoy-spews-alcohol-sugar-space-earning-nickname-204054036–abc-news-tech.html#
Ask The Panel – Where you get to ask us a question about wine or beer. If you have a question you want answered just email us at [email protected]. If we read your question on the air you’ll get some cool WLD SWAG. (10 Minutes)
- Jeremy from the Felton Covered beer asks – What will be the next big beer style after IPA? Is IPA the next buttery chardonnay?
What’s up? What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up. (10 minutes)
- Brian – Downloads & Drafts – starting November 1st raising money for the Fisher House Foundation
Last call – Time to clean house and lock the doors (10 minutes)
- Our show is funded in part by our listeners, like Sloan and Shawn!
- Right now we are at $15.99 an episode, which is amazing!
- Vist welikedrinking.com/pledge to learn more and join in.
Whether you become a donor or not make sure you go like up our Facebook page and follow us Instagram where we are WeLikeDrinking. You can find us on Twitter by searching for WeLikeDrinking or get to us directly via our handle which is, John? @WeLikeDrinking1 And of course, be sure to subscribe to our podcast via iTunes, stitcher, or whatever podcast catcher app you use. Now, to encourage you to subscribe, it’s time for another round of…… Wait, who subscribed? where I take a quote from someone fictional or nonfictional and twist it around to relate to our podcast somehow.
We’re also looking for feedback from our listeners, especially iTunes feedback in the form of likes and reviews. Last week we asked our listeners to leave us a review about the show as if they were reviewing a drink. Let’s see how it went….
- Jeff S – Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @JeffisRad. Watch my Stay Rad Wine Blog TV videos on YouTube and StayRadWineBlog.com
- John R – Untappd as Brewhack and Vivino as ABQwinenewb. Check out Angry Goats Brewery CR on Facebook
- Brian – Find us on Instagram and Twitter – @BeerLamp and like us on Facebook for updates on happenings and events
- Jeff E – You can find me on Vivino and Untappd, both at jeffeckles
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
- John R
- Jeff S
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.