It’s SMaSH Time: WLD 067
Episode 67 Show Notes
Thank you for joining us for the We Like Drinking show episode 67. In this episode we’re getting SMaSHed… That’s right, we’ll be drinking, talking, and learning about the SMaSH beer style. So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- Welcome to the show drinkers and thank you for sipping along with us for episode 67. As you know, about once a month we like to take a break from our usual format and focus in on one specific drink. Last month we had an amazing conversation about cabernet franc. That was actually one of my favorite drinking episodes we’ve done to date. But before we get into this month’s drink extraordinaire, I have a huge request drinkers. The “podcast awards” are currently taking nominations, and, of course, we think we have a pretty good show.We would be so grateful if you could take a minute to go nominate the We Like Drinking show for the award in the “Arts” division. Simply visit http://www.podcastawards.com and put We Like Drinking in as your favorite podcast in the Arts category which is the first category on the right side. The URL to use is welikedrinking.com/podcast. While you’re there put in some of your other favorite podcasts, in other categories of course. **Did you guys nominate any other shows? **
- A finalist in the 2013 Wine Blog Awards, a certified California Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador, and the founder of the stay
rad wine blog… . Jeff “The King of All Wine Media” Solomon. Jeff is drinking Founders Mosaic Promise Ale (SMaSH of Mosaic Hops and Golden Promise Malt, 5.5%, 50 IBU’s, Bottled 3/28/16) and Knee Deep Brewing Co. Citra Extra Pale Ale (Single Hop Citra with a blend of German and Canadian Malts, 7%, 45 IBU’s, Drink by or Bottled on 12/25/15)
- He’s a member of the American Homebrewers Association and the head brewer at Angry Goats Brewery… He is a proud member of Bachelor CaberNation… John Ruyak. John is drinking Papagayo SMaSH
- My name is Jeff Eckles, I’m a certified specialist of wine, and your host for these festivities… Jeff is drinking the Blizzard Pilsner from Peaks N Pines brewery here in Colorado Springs
Tasting and Discussion
- SMaSH facts and Q&A
- SMaSH expectations
- SMaSH panel tasting notes
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.