Imperial Stout Freakout: WLD Podcast 039
We Like Drinking Show
Episode 39 Show Notes
Thank you for joining us for the We Like Drinking show episode 39. In this episode we’ll be discussing Smart Refrigerators, Losing the 104 billion dollar lottery, and it’s Imperial Stout Freak Out. So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
WLD Podcast 039
- Welcome drinkers
- Thanks for interacting with us.
- Thanks to all our patrons
- If you like the show, tell a friend
- Imperial Stout Night at WLD
Panel Introductions (30 minutes)
- A finalist in the 2013 Wine Blog Awards, a certified California Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador, and the founder of the stay rad wine blog who’s been thinking some DARK thoughts lately… Jeff “The King of All Wine Media” Solomon. Jeff is drinking Speakeasy Scarface Imperial Stout (9.5% abv)
- He’s a member of the American Homebrewers Association and a professional brewer with Angry Goats Brewery Costa Rica, who claims that Oatmeal Stout is the most important meal of the day… John Ruyak. John is drinking Left Coast Ale Epeteios, 2013 GABF Gold Medal Winner
- I’m the other Jeff on the show, a certified specialist of wine who’s got visions of sugar plums, toffee, coffee, and oats dancing in my head…and tonight I’m drinking
Booze News – Where we discuss interesting, note-worthy, or idiotic stories. (15 minutes)
- John R – SABMILLER snubs $104B offer
- Jeff E – eFridge from Bud Light – http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/05/out-of-beer-bud-lights-smart-fridge-will-tell-you.html
Ask The Panel – Where you get to ask us a question about wine or beer.
If you have a question you want answered just email us at [email protected]. If we read your question on the air you’ll get some cool WLD SWAG. (10 Minutes)
- Robert from Virginia asks – Why do wine bottles have the cavity on the bottom of the bottle?
What’s up? What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up. (10 minutes)
- John R- Trying to find 2 lbs of Azacca hops
- Jeff E – My review of the BACtrack mobile device, let’s test it live on the show.
Last call – Time to clean house and lock the doors (10 minutes)
- Our show is funded in part by our listeners, like Sloan!
- Right now we are at $15.99 an episode, which is amazing!
- So if we add value to your run, to your commute, to your week in any way, we hope you’ll consider making a contribution.
- Vist welikedrinking.com/pledge to learn more and join in.
Whether you become a donor or not make sure you go like up our Facebook page and follow us Instagram where we are WeLikeDrinking. You can find us on Twitter by searching for WeLikeDrinking or get to us directly via our handle which is, Jeff? @WeLikeDrinking1 And of course, be sure to subscribe to our podcast via iTunes, stitcher, or whatever podcast catcher app you use. Now, to encourage you to subscribe, it’s time for another round of…… Wait, who subscribed? where I take a quote from someone fictional or nonfictional and twist it around to relate to our podcast somehow.
We’re also looking for feedback from our listeners, especially iTunes feedback in the form of likes and reviews. Our listeners have really helped us out the past few weeks and it’s showing in the iTunes rankings where we got up to #26 in wine and #51 in beer last week. It’s the only podcast ranked in both categories, btw.
Now, I’m sure you have a favorite panel member, and maybe you’d like to connect with them outside of the show. So guys, where can our listeners find you online if they so desire:
- Jeff S – Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @JeffisRad. Watch my Stay Rad Wine Blog TV videos on YouTube and StayRadWineBlog.com
- John R – Untappd as Brewhack and Vivino as ABQwinenewb. Check out Angry Goats Brewery CR on Facebook
- Jeff E – You can find me on Vivino and Untappd, both at jeffeckles
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
- John R
- Jeff S
- Jeff E
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.