Getting Our Brosé On: WLD Podcast 023
We Like Drinking Podcast
Episode 23 Show Notes
In WLD podcast 23 we’ll be discussing, Hitler’s stash, Festival season and drinking Dads! So crack open your beer, uncork that wine and let’s get drinking.
WLD Podcast 023
Alright everyone, welcome to the show, now before we get started I just want to ask everyone to be sure to like, comment, subscribe and leave a review of the show on Itunes or wherever it is you connect with us on social media. If you haven’t told a friend about the show yet, we would love it if you did that now. Go on, we’ll be here when you get back. Fantastic! Thank you for sharing, you’re awesome. Now, let’s get the show started and meet the panel we’ll be drinking with tonight.
Panel Introductions (30 minutes)
- A member of the American Homebrewers Association and a Certified Beer Server who just released his first “how to” video on hunting Wookies…Jim Myers. Jim is drinking a rum swizzle.
- A finalist in the 2013 Wine Blog Awards, a certified California Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador, and the founder of the stay rad wine blog, who through the miracle of technology is right now in two countries at once…Jeff Solomon. Jeff is drinking Samuel Adams Rebel Rouser West Coast Style Double IPA (8.4% abv, 85 IBU’s)
- He’s a New Mexico home brewer by way of Colorado Springs who has his fortune told by a reading of hops leaves….John Ruyak. John is drinking Mother Road Roadside American Ale
- I’m the other Jeff on the show, a certified specialist of wine and I’ve seriously never watched “She’s the Strong Male” so stop emailing me about it already.
Booze News – Where we discuss interesting, note-worthy, or idiotic stories. (15 minutes) We will only use 1-2 items.
- Jeff S – Hitler’s secret stash of Cognac and Champagne found beneath a German restaurant. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11651853/Hitlers-secret-cognac-and-champagne-stash-found-benfbeath-German-restaurant.html
- Jeff E. – The term “brosé “. Cool new word to live by, or needs to die immediately. http://www.details.com/blogsv/daily-details/2015/06/brose-pink-wine-for-men.html
- Apparently, the New York Times is in the Infographic business now. They put together a slick graphic telling you to save water by not eating California produce. Unfortunately, boycotting California produce will NOT bring the rain back, dummies. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/05/21/us/your-contribution-to-the-california-drought.html?_r=0
- Jim –
- John R – Here we try again…https://www.brewbound.com/news/new-craft-bill-cuts-taxes-for-brewers-and-other-alcohol-beverage-manufacturers
Free Form Topic Discussion: an open discussion on topical subject matters. (15 minutes)
- Jeff E – Father’s Day is coming up. Do you drink on FD? What type of gift would you prefer? Is it drink oriented? If someone is looking for the perfect FD gift, what do you guys recommend for the drinkers out there?
- John R- If you could crack open a beer, pour it into its proper glass and put your feet up to drink it anywhere, where would that be?
- Jim – We recently were talking about unique places to have a drink or congregate (CalNeva Casino), places in a unique location or with an interesting theme. What are some of your most memorable bar experiences in a unique place?
- Another one: We went to a cool beer festival yesterday. The GABF is great, but sometimes I prefer the local ones. What’s your opinion?
Upcoming Events – We find the best drinking events around so you don’t have to (6 minutes We will only use 2 items.
- Jim – If you do not have an American Homebrewers Association membership, you need to get one now. If you try to order it at the last minute, you will be shut out from the members-only GABF event that goes on sale at the end of July. Also, if you order now, you can still take advantage of the “Hops for Pops” promotion. http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/news/free-hops-for-you-or-pops/
- John R –
- Jeff S. –
- Jeff E. – Nibble and sip your way through plenty of craft beer, wine, cheese and other foods at the 3rd annual Nibbles and Sips in Coloma, Wisconsin on June 26th from 6-8pm. http://visitcoloma.com/specials/ No, hot dishes are not required to get in.
What’s Cool or New for You? (Only 1)
- Jeff E. – Ballast point released a 2 minute aerial tour of their brewer from a drone. Pretty cool little diversion if you’re looking for one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h4Rmq9Sj7Q
- John R. -Barrel Aged Rasputin. Yes, I pulled the trigger on a $23 pint.
- Jeff S. –
- Jim –
The Crystal Ball – The segment where we selfishly promote what we’re working on (7 minutes)
- Jeff S – I’ll be on the lookout for some Puerto Rican wine while I’m on vacation. That, or some high-end rum.
- John – I’m working on a way to get rid of my last Stone 2.0’s
- Jim – Look for my review of the Saint Arnold Beer Festival and a story on beer glasses.
- Jeff E. – Still working on my sparkling wine article, we’ve pushed it out a week to make way for Jim’s article. I promise it won’t be the next Faust apology article though… If you don’t know what Faust is, it’s this kick-ass $50 Napa Valley Cabernet that will be featured on StayRadWineBlog.com very soon.
Last call – Time to clean house and lock the doors (6 minutes)
So I want to thank all our listeners for joining us each and every week. We know you have a lot of choices in podcast entertainment and we are thankful that you choose us for your weekly dose of booze buffoonery. We have a lot of cool stuff coming up at WLD, so make sure you’re keeping up on the latest by liking our Facebook page and following us Instagram, Google+ and/or Pinterest. You can find us be searching for WeLikeDrinking on on Twitter where we are @WeLikeDrinking1 And of course, be sure to subscribe to our podcast via iTunes or whatever podcast catcher app you use, or if you’re a user of Stitcher you can find us on stitcher now. We really want you to subscribe, so to encourage you to click that subscribe button it’s time for another round of…… Wait, who subscribed? where I’ll take a quote from someone fictional or nonfictional and twist it around to relate to our podcast somehow.
Jeff – quote
Guys – guesses
If you’d like to get a hold of us you can also email us about anything you want at [email protected]. If you email us for any reason whatsoever we will make sure you get a mention on the show..
But this show is not just about WLD, we have an awesome panel as well that you should connect with. So guys, where can our listeners find you online:
- Jeff S – Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @JeffisRad. Watch my Stay Rad Wine Blog TV videos on YouTube and StayRadWineBlog.com
- Jim – When I’m not representing We Like Drinking, you can find me at Untappd as JimMyers. I’m on Twitter at JimMyersCO. Also on Vivino as Jim Myers
- John- Untappd as Brewhack and Vivino as ABQwinenewb
- Jeff E – You can find me on Vivino and Untappd, both at jeffeckles
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
- John R
- Jeff S
- Jeff E
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.