Focus On The Beer: WLD Podcast 044
We Like Drinking Show
Episode 44 Show Notes
Thank you for joining us for the We Like Drinking show episode 44. In this episode we’ll be discussing coors buying coors, Oatmaha, and we’re going to focus on the beer. So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
WLD Podcast 044
- Welcome drinkers
- Thanks for interacting with us.
- Thanks to all our patrons
- If you like the show, tell a friend
Panel Introductions (30 minutes)
- A finalist in the 2013 Wine Blog Awards, a certified California Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador, and the founder of the stay rad wine blog. If the rumors of a Guns n’ Roses reunion tour are true, he’ll be at the show doing a live tasting of Night Train with Slash and Axl… Jeff “The King of All Wine Media” Solomon. Jeff is drinking a blind beer. #FingersCrossed
- He’s a member of the American Homebrewers Association and a professional brewer with Angry Goats Brewery Costa Rica who’s been known to have a finger (or 8) or rum on the show… John Ruyak. John is drinking Estrella Damm from Barcelona
- I’m the other Jeff on the show, a certified specialist of wine who’s looking to find the perfect wine to pair with his Doritos Tacos Locos…and tonight I’m drinking
- Ryan is the Director of Liquid Intelligence at Focus on the Beer. As a homebrewer for over 10 years, he truly knows how to ruin a perfectly good beer. By letting the professionals do their part, I (Ryan) can focus on making the beer sound and look even better.
Booze News – Where we discuss interesting, note-worthy, or idiotic stories. (15 minutes)
- Jeff E – Next step in SABMiller purchase http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_29102548/molson-coors-buying-rest-millercoors-12-billion
- Who wants to drink a beer named “Oatmaha”? http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/11/05/denver-indianapolis-breweries-collaborate-on-peyton-manning-themed-beer-oatmaha/36338/
Ask The Panel – Where you get to ask us a question about wine or beer. If you have a question you want answered just email us at [email protected]. If we read your question on the air you’ll get some cool WLD SWAG. (10 Minutes)
- Sloan asks – At a football game tailgate this weekend, I had some “oaked” or barrel aged gin. I love a good gin and tonic but I thought this was gross (no matter how it was served). Seeing how Absolut is launching a barrel aged vodka too, has whiskey become so big in the US that traditional clear spirits are trying to get in on the action? Or is this just a consumer fad like the overly oaked California Chardonnays and Merlots of the 1990s?
What’s up? What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up. (10 minutes)
- Jeff S – Watch “Uncorked” on the Esquire Network
- John R- Heading home for a few weeks
- Jeff E – Announce our Brewin’ USA game giveaway. | Reminder of Beer Lamp donation when you install and activate an account.
- Ryan – Announcing the winners of our Best of Beer voters choice awards in December, and BCBS releases in Colorado
Last call – Time to clean house and lock the doors (10 minutes)
- Our show is funded in part by our listeners, like Sloan and Shawn!
- Right now we are at $15.99 an episode, which is amazing!
- So if we add value to your run, to your commute, to your week in any way, we hope you’ll consider making a contribution.
- Vist welikedrinking.com/pledge to learn more and join in.
Whether you become a donor or not make sure you go like up our Facebook page and follow us Instagram where we are WeLikeDrinking. You can find us on Twitter by searching for WeLikeDrinking or get to us directly via our handle which is, John? @WeLikeDrinking1 And of course, be sure to subscribe to our podcast via iTunes, stitcher, or whatever podcast catcher app you use. Now, to encourage you to subscribe, it’s time for another round of…… Wait, who subscribed? where I take a quote from someone fictional or nonfictional and twist it around to relate to our podcast somehow.
We’re also looking for feedback from our listeners, especially iTunes feedback in the form of likes and reviews. We moved up a couple this week, let’s talk about Douglas from Chicago.
- Jeff S – Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @JeffisRad. Watch my Stay Rad Wine Blog TV videos on YouTube and StayRadWineBlog.com
- John R – Untappd as Brewhack and Vivino as ABQwinenewb. Check out Angry Goats Brewery CR on Facebook
- Ryan – Follow Focus on the Beer on Instagram, Untappd and Twitter at @focusonthebeer or find us at Focusonthebeer.com
- Jeff E – You can find me on Vivino and Untappd, both at jeffeckles
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
- John R
- Jeff S
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.