Faceplant, A Growler Story: WLD #141
We Like Drinking
Episode 141 Show Notes
Thank you for joining us for the We Like Drinking show episode 141. In this episode we’ll be discussing bad wine writing, Faceplant triple IPA, and festivalpalooza. So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- Cheers my podcast drinking friends and welcome to happy hour 141!
Faceplant, A Growler Story
- Tonight we’re joined by our usual cast of characters, we have our wine blogger, Jeff Solomon, our commercial brewer, John Ruyak, and I’m your host, Jeff Eckles.
G, H, PCR
- San Juan Ruby Red – A Wild hop found in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado has a fruity aroma with slightly sweet notes.
- Solomon – Why is so much wine writing bad? https://wwwecho.eater.com/2017/9/5/16228240/jay-mcinerney-bad-wine-writing-interview
Jeff’s got a story (Queue John for theme music)
- What an afternoon.
What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up.
- John – Waiting for the system to show up
- Solomon – The We Like Drinking Fantasy Football Minute
- Eckles – Festival season continues – If you’ll be in the COS area Sat Sept 30, check out the FOTB Cafe Craft coffee and beer festival. Café Craft has tasked brewers and roasters to meld each of their styles of beer and roasting to create a unique and interesting beer, showcasing the diverse flavors highlighted in each of their respective beverages. Some of the breweries involved include Storybook, Fossil, Bristol, Red Leg, and Paradox. Roasters include, Mission, Switchback, Loyal, and the Story coffee company. Check out the FOTB site, tickets are still available and go from $35 – $45. Proceeds go to Indy Give
- I’ll be heading to GABF coming up in early October. Anyone going to the Thursday or Friday night sessions that wants to meet, send me a message at [email protected]d and we’ll try to coordinate. Not our time and our clothes, but you get my meaning.
Time to clean house and lock the doors
- The usual follows, reviews, and Patreon
And now it’s time for Wait, Who Subscribed
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.