Drinking with Vivác Winery: WLD #145
We Like Drinking
Episode 145 Show Notes
Thank you for joining us for the We Like Drinking show episode 145. In this episode we’ll be tasting, talking, and learning about everything Vivác Winery. So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- Cheers my podcast drinking friends and welcome to happy hour 145!
Drinking With Vivác Winery:
- Tonight we’re joined by our usual cast of characters, we have our wine blogger, Jeff Solomon, our commercial brewer, John Ruyak, and I’m your host, Jeff Eckles.
- Our guests tonight are 2 of the 4 owners of Vivác Winery located in Dixon, New Mexico, about 20 minutes south of Taos. A winery above most others as it resides at 6,000 ft making it one of the highest altitude wineries in the world. Founded by brothers Jesse and Chris, along with their wives Michele and Liliana, this team is producing award winning, old world styled wines using 100% New Mexico grapes made completely by hand. Our guests are also both certified Executive Sommeliers through the International Wine Guild with several of their Master’s intensives completed, and if that wasn’t enough, Jesse and Chris are completeing their wine maker certifications from UC Davis while Michele and Liliana run the business side of things as well as multiple side businesses. Please help us welcome Jesse and Michele Padberg!
G, H, PCR
- Sloan asks – What are the biggest challenges that emerging wine regions in the US face in today’s market? Thanks! Looking forward to the podcast!
What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up.
- John – Building out the new system
- Michele and Jesse – Annual Halloween Party, Holiday Party Pack with NMTrue. AND Jesse and I, along with our son, are going to live in Colombia for 2 months (DEC-FEB)
- Solomon – The We Like Drinking Fantasy Football Minute… Also, Punk in Drublic postponed due to smoke.
- Eckles – Bumming with Bobcat appearance.
- Dracaenawines.com is joining forces with Paso Robles Wine Alliance in support of #NapaStrong #SonomaStrong #CAwinestrong and we will be donating $4/bottle of their CabFranc sold in the month of Oct. www.dracaenawines.com Add #napastrong or #sonomastrong in the comments
Time to clean house and lock the doors
- The usual; follows, reviews, and Patreon
And now it’s time for Wait, Who Subscribed
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
- Michele and Jesse
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.