Damn It Jim! WLD Podcast 049
We Like Drinking Show
Episode 49 Show Notes
Thank you for joining us for the WLD podcast 049. In this episode we’ll be discussing Red wine D lines, resveratol loading, and someone’s winning stuff. So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
WLD Podcast 049
- Welcome drinkers
- Thanks for interacting with us.
- Thanks to all our patrons
- If you like the show, tell a friend
Panel Introductions (30 minutes)
- A member of the American Homebrewers Association and a Certified Beer Server who recently completed the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs….Jim Myers.. Jim is drinking Coors Light so we asked him not to join us.
- A finalist in the 2013 Wine Blog Awards, a certified California Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador, and the founder of the stay rad wine blog… The Force is strong with this guy. He’s always trying to Force in crappy puns on this Podcast… Jeff “The King of All Wine Media” Solomon. Jeff is in for a spanking, he is drinking Stone 2015 Punishment Ale
- He’s a member of the American Homebrewers Association and a professional brewer with Angry Goats Brewery Costa Rica who just finished dressing up all the local goats like Ewoks… No wonder they’re so Angry… John Ruyak. John is drinking AGB Howler IPA and a backup.
- My name is Jeff Eckles, I’m a certified specialist of wine and I’m the Jar Jar Binks of the show …and tonight I’m drinking Interstellar Rasta Wine
Booze News – Where we discuss interesting, note-worthy, or idiotic stories. (15 minutes)
- Jeff E – Time to ship the Broncos some red wine – http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/terence-newman–vikings-defense-credit-red-wine-for-their-success-142850519.html
- Now you can get your resveratrol morning, noon and night! http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/12/14/new-coffee-offers-same-heart-benefit-as-red-wine-chemist-says.html
Ask The Panel – Where you get to ask us a question about wine or beer. If you have a question you want answered just email us at [email protected]. If we read your question on the air you’ll get some cool WLD SWAG. (10 Minutes)
- Stacy asks – Will the alcohol in beer kill yeast/bacteria?
What’s up? What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up. (10 minutes)
- John R- Tapping the White Tip Hefeweizen this week!
- Jeff E – Beer Lamp growler giveaway
Last call – Time to clean house and lock the doors (10 minutes)
- Our show is funded in part by our listeners, like Sloan, Shawn and of course, it’s we like drinking so there has to be a Jeff in there.
- If you’d like to see what it is that these awesome people are doing that helps us out so much check out welikedrinking.com/pledge to learn more and join in.
Whether you become a donor or not make sure you go like up our Facebook page and follow us Instagram where we are WeLikeDrinking. You can find us on Twitter by searching for WeLikeDrinking or get to us directly via our handle which is, Jim? @WeLikeDrinking1 And of course, be sure to subscribe to our podcast via iTunes, stitcher, or whatever podcast catcher app you use. Now, to encourage you to subscribe, it’s time for another round of…… Wait, who subscribed? where I take a quote from someone fictional or nonfictional and twist it around to relate to our podcast somehow.
We’re also looking for feedback from our listeners, especially iTunes feedback in the form of likes and reviews.
- Jeff S – Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @JeffisRad. Watch my Stay Rad Wine Blog TV videos on YouTube and StayRadWineBlog.com
- John R – Untappd as Brewhack and Vivino as ABQwinenewb. Check out Angry Goats Brewery CR on Facebook, and ya know, the AGB episode is still the most downloaded episode in WLD history!
- Jeff E – You can find me on Vivino and Untappd, both at jeffeckles
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
- John R
- Jeff S
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.