Crawling 2.0: WLD Podcast 033
We Like Drinking Show
Show Notes Episode 33
In WLD Podcast 033 we’ll be discussing Beer Miles, Glass Sprayin, and then it’s time for a craft beer crawl! So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- Welcome drinkers
- Thanks for interacting with us.
- Thanks to all our patrons
- If you like the show, tell a friend
Panel Introductions (30 minutes)
- A finalist in the 2013 Wine Blog Awards, a certified California Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador, and the founder of the stay rad wine blog who’s already so enamored with the secret word it’s become a daily part of his teaching curriculum… Jeff “The King of All Wine Media” Solomon. Jeff is drinking The Bender Beer Co. Evergreen California IPA
- Secret Word
- He’s a member of the American Homebrewers Association and soon to be commercial brewer who’s now wearing so many hats it’s shaved his hair to 1/4 inch….John Ruyak. John is drinking a rum and coke
- I’m the other Jeff on the show, a certified specialist of wine who believes there is a time and a place for Mad Dog 20/20… Never and in the garbage!… and tonight I’m drinking 2012 nativ Greco di Tufo
- He’s the co-founder of the craft crawler app for the iPhone, now on version 2.0, that helps you find nearby craft brewers wherever you are in the United States, John Bentley. John is drinking Hoplanta IPA – Red Brick Brewing, Atlanta GA
Booze News – Where we discuss interesting, note-worthy, or idiotic stories. (15 minutes)
- Jeff E. – Beer Mile World Classic results are in. No world records, but still so impressive. http://espn.go.com/sports/endurance/story/_/id/13490557/endurance-MIsports-lewis-kent-caitlin-judd-win-beer-mile-world-classic-canada-takes-team-crown
- Jeff S – 1,404 bottles of rare wine confiscated by the state of Pennsylvania may be donated to a hospital. http://www.businessinsider.com/r-fate-of-1404-bottles-of-rare-wine-rests-with-pennsylvania-judge-2015-8
Ask The Panel – Where you get to ask us a question about wine or beer. If you have a question you want answered just email us at [email protected]. If we read your question on the air you’ll get some cool WLD SWAG. (10 Minutes)
- Steve asks “Why is it that some bars will spray their glasses with what I assume is water before filling them up? Is this something I should be doing at home?
What’s up? What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up. (10 minutes)
- Jeff S – My 300 mL of natural wine got stuck at 17 bricks sugar. Had to introduce some Champagne yeast today. Now it’s bubbling like a mo fo.
- John R- trying to finish an article about getting AGB up and running
- Jeff E – Check out my full review of this Greco di Tufo on the WLD website.
- John B – Getting back on the road! Visiting breweries, meeting
Last call – Time to clean house and lock the doors (10 minutes)
- Our show is funded in part by you the listener
- Can donate any amount. All money goes right back into the show
- Updating the equipment we use during the show
- Getting new equipment for potential road shows
- Funds to get drinks for the show, possibly to fill requests from listeners.
- Visit welikedrinking.com/pledge to learn more and join in
After you become a donor to the show make sure you’re like up our Facebook page and follow us Instagram where we are WeLikeDrinking. You can find us on Twitter by searching for WeLikeDrinking or get to us directly via our handle which is, Jeff? @WeLikeDrinking1 And of course, be sure to subscribe to our podcast via iTunes, stitcher, or whatever podcast catcher app you use. Now, to encourage you to subscribe, it’s time for another round of…… Wait, who subscribed? where I take a quote from someone fictional or nonfictional and twist it around to relate to our podcast somehow.
We’re also looking for feedback from our listeners, especially iTunes feedback in the form of likes and reviews. You guys really came through for us last week so, obviously we want to keep that momentum going this week. Like last week, we’re going to give you a chance to get involved in the show. So, go leave a review of the show on iTunes and in your review tell us which member of the panel would fare the best in a reality show like survivor and why. We’ll pick our favorite review of the week you’ll get a shoutout on the show when we read your review and, of course, a limited, first run, we like drinking sticker to add to your collection.
Now, I’m sure you have a favorite panel member, and maybe you’d like to connect with them outside of the show. So guys, where can our listeners find you online if they so desire:
- Jeff S – Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @JeffisRad. Watch my Stay Rad Wine Blog TV videos on YouTube and StayRadWineBlog.com
- John R – Untappd as Brewhack and Vivino as ABQwinenewb
- John B – Craft Crawler in the App Store, CraftCrawler.com, Craft Crawler on FB, TW, IG. We’d really appreciate any app reviews – Helps us tremendously!
- Jeff E – You can find me on Vivino and Untappd, both at jeffeckles
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
- John R
- Jeff S
- John B-
- Jeff E
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.