Corkscrew Bites: WLD #116
We Like Drinking
Episode 116 Show Notes
Thank you for joining us for the We Like Drinking show episode 116. In this episode we’ll be discussing Mega Purple, briscoe bites, and we’re going corkscrew deep with the James Bond/Austin Powers of the wine world. So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- Cheers my podcast drinking friends and welcome to happy hour 116!
- He’s a member of the American Homebrewers Association and the head brewer at Angry Goats Brewery, John “The Ruminator” Ruyak. John is drinking
- A freelance wine writer and editor currently working for the SF Chronicle as well as running her own wine website at BrisoceBites.com, Stacy Briscoe. Stacy is drinking
- My name is Jeff Eckles, I’m a certified specialist of wine, definitely not a minstrel, and your host for these festivities…and tonight I’m drinking
- Our guest tonight is the author of the hilarious and not safe for anyone or anywhere book “Corkscrew: The Highly Improbable, But Occasionally True, Tale of a Professional Wine Buyer” Put your earmuffs on and help us welcome Peter Stafford-Bow to the show. Peter is drinking…Vintage Port (Taylors 2000)
Where we discuss interesting, noteworthy, or idiotic stories.
- Eckles – Let the mega-purple flow – https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/17/opinion/sunday/ignore-the-snobs-drink-the-cheap-delicious-wine.html?_r=0
- Jeff asks: What’s the difference between the American and British wine consumer?
What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up.
- John – Looking forward a beer tour of Idaho, Oregon and NorCal
- Peter – drinking lots of Jura wines, intending to visit in the summer…
- Eckles – Next week we’ll be welcoming Staci Blair to the show. Staci is also an amazing wine salesperson, like Peter, although I don’t think she has gone toe to toe with any African beasts in her career, but we’ll be sure to ask that next week.
Time to clean house and lock the doors
You know listeners, we have a lot of fun on this show.
- If you’ve listened this long you must be enjoying it as well. So you may ask yourself, how can I get more involved with We Like Drinking.
- Follow us on your favorite social media platform. Facebook or Instagram @ WeLikeDrinking, Twitter @WeLikeDrinking1, the number 1.
- Leave a review and rating on iTunes.
- Become a Patron. You can find out more by visiting http://welikedrinking.com/pledge
And now it’s time for Wait, Who Subscribed
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.