Central Otago, Canada? WLD Podcast 004
We Like Drinking Podcast
Episode 4 Show Notes
Thank you for joining us for WLD podcast 004. In this episode we’ll be discussing Super Bowl ads, Premature Bud Break, Wine and Beer beginnings, and FREE WINE!. So crack open your pumpkin peach ale, uncork that wine and let’s get drinking.
Panel Introductions – Where we get to know our cast of characters a little better and find out what they’re drinking for the show. (10 minutes)
- A co-founder of welikedrinking.com and Certified Beer Server who started drinking IPAs thinking it would improve his vertical. Jim Myers. Jim is fussing over a Sculpin IPA
- Founder of the stayradwineblog.com who recently trademarked his unique video recording style and named it “Radivision”, Jeff Solomon. Jeff is sipping Cornerstone Cellars 2010 Stepping Stone Cabernet Franc
- He’s a New Mexico home brewer who’s going to be the first guest on the new A&E reality show, Bottle Hoarders. John Ruyak. John is dissecting Sierra Nevada Barrel aged imperial stout
- I’m the other Jeff, a co-founder of we like drinking and a certified specialist of wine, who still thinks the 3 tier system is how they play chess in Star Trek: The Next Generation. Jeff is tasting
Booze News – Where we discuss interesting, note-worthy, or idiotic stories. (12 minutes) We will only use 2-3 items.
- John – Over 120 new breweries in planning stages in CO. How much can the market support?
- Jim – U.S. whiskey sales continue to rise. They topped $1 billion in exports for the second straight year. http://nypost.com/2015/02/03/gold-n-brown-bourbon-and-whiskey-sales-hit-2-7b-in-us/
- Jeff E – The Budweiser commercial, seriously. #PumpkinPeachAle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siHU_9ec94c
- Jeff S – Bud break in California is Coming Early… AGAIN! http://www.winesandvines.com/template.cfm?section=news&content=145614
Free Form Topic Discussion (12 minutes)
- Jim – John’s Imperial Stout
Upcoming Events – We find the best drinking events around so you don’t have too (6 minutes) We will only use 2 items.
- Jeff E. – Boston wine expo! First SB49, now this! http://www.wine-expos.com/ 2/14 – 2/15
- John – Winter Brewfest Missoula, MT Feb. 27. Admission $12. Not bad but beer list has not been announced. Planning people!
- Jim – Registration for the American Homebrewers Association National Homebrewers Conference is set for Feb. 18-24. The conference is in San Diego this year June 11-13. http://www.ahaconference.org/
Whom to follow – Who’s caught our attention and should be catching yours. (5 minutes)
- Jeff S. – The managing partner of Cornerstone Cellars and active member of the wine-blogging community, Craig Camp. Follow him on Twitter @CraigCamp
- Jim – American Homebrewers Association. It’s a place for advocacy and news (@homebrewersassociation; http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/)
- Jeff E. – An amazing wine writer – Meg Houston Maker @MegMaker
- John – Fermentedly Challenged http://www.fermentedlychallenged.com
The Crystal Ball – The segment where we selfishly promote what we’re working on (7 minutes)
- John. – Next brew project; a lighter bodied ale
- Jeff E. – My interview with the head of the board of the upcoming 24th Colorado Springs wine fest next week.
- Jim. – I think we’re going to have a preview on the Bristol Firkin Rendezvous (Feb. 21) coming in the next 10 days.
- Jeff S – Bottling up the first lot of Chateau Currier NV Washington Merlot this weekend. Also… I’ll be giving away $50 worth of wine next week. Be sure to tune in to Stay Rad Wine Blog dot com to find out how.
Last call – Time to clean house and lock the doors (6 minutes)
As we close the show I’d like to thank everyone out there that’s listening to this episode, we really appreciate you taking the time to join us each week and hope you’re enjoying listening to us as much as we’re enjoying recording for you. Make sure you subscribe to the podcast to make sure you never miss an episode. To subscribe just search for We Like Drinking on iTunes or your favorite podcast catcher app. Now, to encourage you to click that subscription button it’s time for Wait, who subscribed? where I take a quote from a famous person fictional or nonfictional and twist it around to relate to our podcast somehow.
Jeff – “4 score and 45 minutes ago, we, your fore-fathers subscribed to a most excellent podcast. Conceived by our new friends, Jim and Jeff. These two great gentlemen are dedicated to a proposition that was true in my time just as it’s true today, be excellent to each other, and party on dudes!”
Guys – Jim goes crazy
Moving on, If you’d like to connect with us outside of the podcast we’re also on your favorite social media networks like facebook, google +, pinterest and instagram as welikedrinking, and on twitter @welikedrinking1.
Where can our listeners find you online:
- Jeff S – Follow me on Twitter @JeffIsRad. Watch my Stay Rad Wine Blog TV videos on YouTube and StayRadWineBlog.com
- Jim – When I’m not representing We Like Drinking, you can find me at Untappd as JimWeLikeDrinking. I’m on Twitter at JimMyersCO, and I was thinking of starting a Vivino account.
- Jeff E – You can find me on Vivino and Untappd, both at jeffeckles
And finally you can find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had in this at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast, where it’s always 5 o’clock.